TVS tyresunder their strategic CSR initiative in Rudrapur where its tyre manufacturing plant is located, has commenced short term activities in communities to develop a long term and well planned CSR Programme. Phia foundation is engaged for implementing this CSR Programme.
The objectives of the CSR programme are to:
- Provide an entry point to TVS Tyres in communities in nearby villages, and the industrial area, as a socially responsible organisation and a committed stakeholder for holistic community development.
- Enhance visibility of the company and its activities through community based CSR projects and the resulting community engagement
- From the learnings of the current set of activity, set up a base to design and implement long-term and sustainable CSR projects in the target communities in the future
The activities have been performed in the following areas:
- State Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand (SIDCUL) – Vicinity of TVS Tyres Plant:
- Few villages near TVS Tyres Factory (within 25 – 30 kms radius)
The activities collectively focus on three broad areas:
- Awareness on safe driving through educational programmes/ campaigns
- Activities in partnership with Traffic Police department on creating awareness on safe driving were taken on board.
- A drawing competition among school children in collaboration with Traffic Police on the theme of ‘Road Safety’ was organised which observed participation of 25 students from 3 schools
- An election awareness rally on motorcycle was organised with the traffic departments City Patrol Unit to create awareness about exercising ballot
- Pamphlets focusing on the importance of wearing seat belts and road safety measures were printed and distributed
- Veterinary camps were organised in partnership with governments veterinary department where information on animal health and welfare was shared
- Approximately 900 livestock were examined and medicines were distributed
- Livelihood promotion
- Support to Anganwadi centres
- In the districts of Udham sing Nagar and Nainital, Phia initiated engagement with Bal Vikas PariyojanaAdhikari (Child Development Project Officer) and ICDS Supervisor for supporting Anganwadi centres and with play and education material and nutritional support to the malnourished children. Through these activities, many children have benefitted.
Become a Volunteer
Join us in our endeavour for a lasting sustainable change.