PHIA aims to carry out active facilitation of rights and entitlements of marginalized communities. The project also focuses on building on the social capital of PHIA Foundation to ensure the effective facilitation of rights and entitlements across the Karra block of Khunti district.
It works in collaboration with the district and block level administration body. The program also focuses on inclusion of the most marginalized and vulnerable communities including those belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and women from other minorities. This project aims to smoothen the information flow mechanism between the state and the community.
For the immediate response to Covid 19, all CSOs focus on the uptake of
- Strengthening community access to social protection benefits
- Strengthening governance institutions to deliver social protection and implementation of preventative measures for COVID-19 response
- Identify vulnerable individuals and households to facilitate access to social support and entitlements in priority rural areas, and facilitate linkages with the respective government administrative departments, through partnerships with CSOs and voluntary networks.
- Technical support to accelerate opening of public works through MGNREGA and expand registration of eligible households in vulnerable communities to access job cards and immediate employment opportunities.
- Capacity building of frontline functionaries and civil society organisations responding to the pandemic.
Become a Volunteer
Join us in our endeavour for a lasting sustainable change.